Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

28 Laps

Who would have thought that a Friday night would be a popular night at the gym. We planned our swimming around the fact that hardly anyone would be there. I guess it's safe to say that we're not the only ones without much of a night life.

Anyway, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. To my surprise, I wasn't as big a spectacle as I thought I would be; nobody seemed to care that there was an overweight, 45 year old woman in a swimsuit splashing around in the pool.

Kristy, I started off by walking a few laps while Deena dove right in to a full freestyle swim. As I said yesterday, I haven't really swam in several years so just walking the first few laps had my breathing a bit labored. After about 5 minutes or so, we started swimming our laps. Though I couldn't do a single lap without stopping for a second to catch my breath, I was able to complete 28 laps within 45 minutes.

By the time I got home that evening, I could barely move my arms and I was so exhausted I had to go directly to bed. I never slept so well in my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment