Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Results Are In

I stepped on the scale this morning and it read 237.1. That is a lost of 6.9 pounds this week!!!!

I did several things this week that I would credit towards my weight loss.
  • Wrote everything down - no matter what it was; what went in my mouth, was written on paper. I calculated all my calories, fat, fiber, carbs protein, and sodium.
  • Did not drink any soda this week. That was extremely difficult for me. I can't remember the day that I went without drinking at least one Diet Coke
  • Did not drink any alcohol. I was very proud of myself for that accomplishment. Went to Deena's house to watch Alabama v Texas championship football game. First time I watched a game without drinking at least one beer. Amazingly enough, I was ok. I could have been due to the fact that Georgia wasn't playing and there was no stress involved.
  • Water!!!! - That is the only liquid other than coffee that I drank this week.
  • Worked out - Though I only got three days in this week, they were all good. The weather has been extremely cold; I haven't even been able to walk the dogs. They aren't very happy with me by the way.

I guess the best thing I did this week was to pay attention to everything I ate. I was surprised to find that some of the foods that I thought were fairly healthy, we actually very unhealthy.

Some of the improvements I need to make are to eat more fiber, less carbs, more protein, and way less sodium.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment