Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Remebering Mom

19 years ago today at the age of 48, I lost my mother, Gwen to a heart attack. Living with diabetes and being heavy smoker, she had been in poor health for many years. Not to mention her terrible eating habits. She wasn't obease but until the last years of her life she did struggle with her weight.

Then, almost three years ago, I lost my father to a heart attack too and it appeared that I was walking in their footsteps unless I made some drastic changes in my life.

After years of half hartedly trying to loose weight, on my last birthday, I came to the realization that I was only a few years away of being the same age my mother was when she died. I guess you can say that's when the panic finally set in.

So hear I am, still a short fat girl, but with a triathlon only 142 days away.

Today's workout was for you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment