Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Eye Opener

Well, I had my first test yesterday and didn't do very well. Our friend Sally came over for dinner and to watch the playoffs. We started the evening with a couple of beers, Miller Lite for Kristy and I. For dinner, we made Cilantro-Lime Chicken with Avocado Salsa, tomato-lentil cous cous, a mixed green salad and dinner rolls. Writing it all down like this seems like a lot, but at the time it did not. On my salad, I add very small amounts of blue cheese, sunflower seeds and cran raisins. I also had two dinner rolls with a small amount of margarine. Then for desert, we had 1 cup low fat ice cream.

All of that, plus the rest of my food intake for the day took me to a total intake of 2215 calories. That's 727 calories over what I should be taking in. That's half of the calories I usually eat in one day.

It goes to show you, if you want to loose weight, you really have to pay attention to everything you put in your mouth. I would have been perfectly satisfied yesterday without the beer, rolls and salad toppings. Everything I ate yesterday was due to not paying attention and falling back into the same old bad habits. I was enjoying good company and conversation while mindlessly eating at the table.

Next time, when I'm finished with my meal, I will get up and clear my plate from the table. Maybe that will help.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to a ride and healthy Saturday night meal with you and Kristy!

    Deena

    ReplyDelete