Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Spin Class From Hell

OMG!!! That spin class whipped my butt big time. It was 60 minutes of pure torture. For those of you who have not had the pleasure to participate in a spin class before, It starts out with a five minute warm up and then you go all out full force for the next 50 minutes. Several times through out the work out, you are instructed to turn the resistance up to 95% and stand up while you ride. At this rate, you are simulating going up hill or a freaking mountain.

For several minutes, I was able to keep up with the rest of the class, but my stamina did not last for long. I was forced to sit on my seat and just peddle my heart out. Several times through out the workout, I was tempted to quit and walk out of the room. I really felt like I was way out of my league, but when I looked down at my watch, I realized I only had 15 more minutes to go. I was determined not to quit. 15 minutes? I can do anything for 15 minutes. I just did everything I could to keep up. I was drenched in sweat and breathing very hard, but the minutes went by one by one. Then came the cool down. THANK GOD!!!!

I did it. My first spin class and I made it all the way through. You can't imagine how happy I was. I am looking forward to the next class.

1 comment:

  1. It is great that you stuck it out. I would have died, really and truly. Something would have broken - knee, hip, back. I am very proud!

    ReplyDelete