Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

In To The Deep End

Well, tonight's the big night. To start preparing for the swimming portion of the upcoming triathlon, I am going swimming, in public, in a swim suit, for the first time in about 20 years or longer.

Kristy and I joined LA Fitness this week so we could work out together with our friends. I already have a gym membership at work, but I really wanted to get Kristy to start going to the gym with me. Now, instead of going out, we are going to the gym.

Acting as my swim coach, Kristy will be teaching me the fine art of swimming laps. One of my co-workers informed me that 400 meters (the distance of the swim portion of the triathlon), is equivalent to 28 laps in the pool. Ouch! I don't think I've ever done more than 2 consecutive laps before. This is really going to hurt.

To be honest, I am not as worried about the swimming as I am about the swim suit. The pool is in the very front of the gym and is surrounded by glass. Not only is it visible to the people in the gym, but people driving by can see me as well. My fat legs, belly and ass will all be hanging out there for the entire world to see. What the hell was I thinking?

Wish me luck, I'll give a full report of my humiliation tomorrow after weigh in.

By the way, if any of my co-workers or my employers are reading this, I am writing this during my lunch. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment