Pages

Saturday, May 29, 2010

13 Minutes Flat Baby

Today Kristy and I went to the gym so I could get some more time in the pool. With only a week left before the triathlon, I am starting to feel a little stressed about the swimming part.

We started off with our Saturday morning water aerobics class which lasted an hour. After class was over, we started swimming laps. My best time to date is 25 minutes which I accomplished last week during the practice tri. Today, we kicked it off in high gear trying not to stop unless absolutely necessary.

To be totally honest, I have never ever completed one lap (there and back) without stopping; until today. Today, I did a lap and a half before having to take a break. Even though I stopped to catch my breath, my break only lasted a few seconds before I was back at it.

What I realized today is when I slowed down, and paid attention to what I was doing, I was able to focus on form rather than speed. Doing that, I made less mistakes and was able to go further. By the end of the swim, my confidence level increased dramatically.

Kristy and I completed our 400 meters in 13 minutes flat today. A very proud moment indeed. The funny part of all of this is, I am starting to really enjoy swimming to the point I look forward to going now. Who would have thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment