Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Personal Best

This morning at 5:10 AM I crawled out of bed and headed to the gym. I was lucky enough to grab one of the better treadmills so; I jumped on and started running.

Over the past few months, I have been doing interval training on the treadmill as well as on the roads. When I started, I was only able to run for 1 minute then walk two or three minutes. Today, I ran for 30 minutes which I began with a 5 minute brisk walk and then I took off running for 3 minutes and then walked for 1 minute. I was able to do that for the entire workout. With only 1 minute left, I increased the speed to 5.5 mph and took off for the entire 60 seconds.

By the end of the workout, I was soaking wet with sweat, but I sure felt great. I have a softball game tonight. We’ll see how well I can move by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment