Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Welcome To Moe's!!!!


Today, I had a hankering for a burrito from Moe's Southwest Grill. Unfortunately, I can never get out of there without blowing my calorie limit for the day; until now. Thankfully, Moe's has come out with a smaller version of their burritos. I'm not talking about a kids burrito; I'm talking about a sensible size burrito.

With the help of Moe's nutrition calculator, I can go online ahead of time to plan what I am going eat. I usually order the Joey Bag of Donuts and on it I have the following ingredients: 12" flour tortilla, black beans, no rice, chicken, lettuce, olives, onions, jalapenos, and salsa. Using the Moe's nutrition calculator, the nutrition information reads like this: 635 calories, 23 grams of fat, 2173 mgs of sodium,17 grams of fiber, 49 carbs, 29 grams of protein.


Now, switch the Joey Bag of Donuts with the Joey Junior with all of the same ingredients, this is what you get: 335 calories, 13 grams of fat, 1152 mg sodium, 7 grams of fiber, 42 carbs, 15 grams of protein.


Now, the size of the junior was about half the size of the regular, but I have to say, instead of feeling all bloated and tired, I feel satisfied and ready to get back to work. Thanks Moe's


No comments:

Post a Comment