Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Set Backs

I want to apologize for not keeping up with my posts over the past couple of weeks. I have been working a lot of hours lately and have not taken the time to keep my blog up to date. Moreover, I have not been taking time for myself either and the scale has shown it. I haven't lost any weight in over a month. I'm not getting enough sleep, I've been a bit grumpy, and I sure as heck haven't felt like exercising the way I should. That, on top of a few set backs physically, I haven't been eating right either.

Recently, I went to the doctor because I have been experiencing pain in my shoulder and knee. After several x-rays, my diagnosis was bursitis in my shoulder and a torn meniscus in my knee. Because of this, I have not been able to train the way I need to in order to get ready for the triathlon in August.

It seems that lately I am having a difficult time getting my self back on track. Everyday, I start out with a fresh attitude. I get up, pack my breakfast and lunch, and off to work I go. I do pretty well for most of the day; however, when I get home, I seem to run out of gas physically and mentally.

Don't fret folks, I'm not beaten yet. I'm hoping that if I can keeping my posting up to date I just my get my encouragement back. I would love to hear how some of you folks out there handle similar situations.

Stay tuned, more to come.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa one of my most favorite people and I do know I am not the only one who feels that way!
    Lis, I am sorry to hear about the shoulder and the knee. I am sure you are developing a plan of action to combat this physical set back like you have with things in the past. You have a amazing tenacity about you that I admire and as I always say on the softball field " when I grow up I want to be like Lisa" You possess a uniqueness about you that allows you to adapt. This too shall be one to look back on and say " well that sucked but..."
    I love you Short fat girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa - I know the feeling. Since morning seems to be your time how about grabbin' the bike and riding earlier before work zaps the best of your energy? ...or use your lunch hour for yourself (walking, biking, gym, whatever). You have incredible motivation, positive spirit, and one heck of a creative mind to come up with the strategies you conjure up to navigate through life. I very much admire that in you. To have the courage to admit that you're experiencing some setbacks to that flow just adds more integrity to the awesome person we (your buddees) all know and love. Now GET CRACKIN' GIRLFRIEND!!!! ;-)

    Lori

    PS - or, it might be the humidity.

    ReplyDelete