Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Here We Go Again



Well call me crazy, but I'm signing up for another triathlon. This event is exactly one week after my 46th birthday. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate or to honor the beginning of my 46th year of life.

Sometimes it saddens me that I waited until my mid forties to take my health seriously. Even after watching both parents die an early death it still didn't motivate me to do anything about it.

After watching my mother loose her battle with diabetes, and now working in a medical practice that cares for several hundred diabetes patients, I am forced to face the fact that these patients I see walking in everyday could very well be me if I don't do anything about my health.

After completing my first triathlon (2 hours, 15 minutes, and 44 seconds :-) ) and seeing what I can do with just a little bit of effort, I am committed to living a healthier life. I guess there is no better day than the present to take my health more seriously and give my body the respect it deserves

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete