Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bad Turns Into Good

Yesterday was a day in hell. I had a terrible day at work and my stress level was at a all time high. At one point, around lunch time, I went looking for a snack, and when I could not find one that thought would make me happy, I started plotting my lunch. What should I eat? Chinese? Mexican? Fast food? Thankfully, I noticed what I was doing and tried talking myself down. Instead of going out to eat, I went to the break room, and grabbed my lunch; a turkey sandwich, and a salad. After lunch was over, I was still having a bad day, but I made it better by making a better choice.

Normally, after a day like I had, I would have probably gone out to eat and had a couple of beers. Instead, I came home, Kristy made us a power smoothie and we went to the gym. We spent 30 minutes on the treadmill and then 30 minutes on the bike. At the end of the workout, I was soaked in sweat and out of breath and had burned a total of 1000 calories. That's what I call stress relief.

All and all, it was a great day. I know I had a horrible day at work, but instead of falling back on my old bad habits, I paid attention to what was going on and made the best choice I could not to sabotage my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment