Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tri-Run


Yesterday, I hit the road running on a 2.15 mile walk/run my faithful dog KC and house guest Courtney. We did what is called interval training which is walk the first five minute (warm-up) run 1 minute, walk 2 minutes and repeat the run walk routine until complete. I would have been able to do the entire 2.15 miles like that if it weren't for this humongous hill on the last block. So I called the last block my "cool down" even though it was harder to walk up than the rest of the run.

With only 52 days until the triathlon, I feel that I am running out of time. I am still not able to run a complete 5K and I am no where close to swimming 400 meters. The bike riding part I'm not worried about since we have been riding round trips to Stone Mountain on a regular basis and that's almost 20 miles alone.

My strategy is to get through the swimming the best I can then really make up some time on the bike by riding as hard as I can and leave enough energy for the 5K run. My biggest goal right now is to run the entire 5k without having to walk any of it.

Wish me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment