Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Hitting The Pavement

After are hard but quick thunderstorm yesterday, the sky cleared and sun came out so, Kristy, Courtney, and I decide Io hit the pavement for a run instead of going to the gym. We took a route that had a distance of 3.15 miles-almost the distance of the running part of the triathlon. This was our first run without a treadmill. Let me begin by saying that there is a huge difference running on the street than running on the treadmill.


We started off by walking for about a half mile and then started our running routine. We ran for 60 seconds and then walked for 2 minutes. We continued at that pace for about 2 miles before we had to start walking a little longer. We completed the run in 55 minutes which is a average of 17 minutes per mile. In my opinion that's not too shabby.


Its hard to say how many calories we burned because my heart rate monitor really wasn't working most of the time, and every website I checked gave me a different number. The range was anywhere between 375 to 1300 calories. It also depends on what activity you put it to calculate it. I could not find one calculator that offered a walk/run scenario.

Tonight, its softball. Let's hope we can keep our winning streak alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment