Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Stress Got The Best Of Me

Ok, yesterday was a bad day. I was so overwhelmed, I turned to food to calm me down.

I did fine at work trying to eat only low point snacks, but when I got home it was a whole other story. I walked in the door, put my stuff down and went to the frige. I grabbed a diet soda, popped it open and began to chug. When that didn't satisfy me, I went to the cupboard and grabbed the fat free Pringles and pulled out two handfulls. I sat there munching as I complained about my day.

Feeling a bit better, I went upstairs and changed clothes. By the time I got downstairs again I was still feeling munchy so I went and pulled out the hummus and celery out of the frige. At some point, I realized what I was doing and stopped myself. I put back the food and went and sat at my computer and played on the Internet.

Kristy made a great comfort food dinner of turkey Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, asparagus, salad and garlic bread (fat free) The meal was 18 points, but then desert came with a small bowl of sherbet. I went over my points for the day by 9. It would have been a lot better if I had cut out some of the snacks I had through out the day.

On the way to work this morning I stopped by the store and picked up 3 packs of sugar free gum. Lets see how today goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment